What is KTO?
The Korea Tourism Organization (KTO) is the Korean Government agency responsible for attracting international visitors to Korea, both for leisure and business events. With offices all over the world KTO is the ultimate resource for travel-related information on Korea.
The KTO Sydney office is the branch office for KTO operations in Australia and it services Australia and New Zealand residents only. For other KTO offices around the world, please see our visitkorea website.
- Promotion of Korean Tourism throughout Australia/New Zealand
- Liaison with the local media to publish/broadcast stories on Korean tourism
- Liaison with tour wholesalers/airlines to develop and promote new package tour programs
- Media and travel industry presentations and joint promotion with organizations such as ATMA
- Market Research
- Planning and implementation of annual advertising budget
Major Promotional Activities
- Advertising planning/Korea tourism feature support in various media including newspapers, magazines, billboards, TV and radio
- Support of familiarisation visits to Korea by the local media and travel trade
- Participation at local travel shows and exhibitions to meet consumers directly
- Joint promotional activities as a member of Asia Travel Marketing Assoc.
- Day to day contact with major tour wholesalers to encourage and support the production of new tour packages/special deals through the retail travel industry
- Sponsorship of Korean film festivals/Korean theatre group visits to Australia and New Zealand
- Supporting promotional activities through Korean Embassy and Consulate
- Promotion of Korea to special interest groups, namely: Korean War Veterans, Taekwondo enthusiasts, Korean adoptive family clubs and associations
- Support of local Korean community Food/Multicultural festivals/events
- Support for primary and secondary schools for project materials to assist understanding and knowledge of Korea
- Participation in organisation events, namely: Rotary International, The Australian Red Cross and the Friendship Force of Australia
- Support local Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Exhibitions industry to attract more MICE (meetings, incentives, conferencing, exhibitions) business to Korea